Friday, March 17, 2017

Waiting for Spring........




Spring...what does spring mean to you?
For me, spring marks then end of my deep winter sleep! A time to come of out hibernation. I get itchy to leave the confines of the house and move into our outdoor living space. My tastebuds are ready for bbq´s and sipping my favorite vino on the patio.
Unfortunately....mother nature does not share my views as she is letting us wait and is sharing with us cold and rain instead of blue skies and sunshine. So, to make that wait not seem so long, I have brought spring into our indoor living space, by creating a spring tablescape. I am very honored to share this tablescape with Chloe Crabtreechloe
Chloe contacted me recently and asked if I would like to take part in a Spring Tablescape Blog Hop! Of course I said yes! I can´t wait to see what the other bloggers have created.
 



One of the perks of living in Germany? Flowers are very inexpensive. I can get 2 bunches of tulips at the grocery store for less than 5 Euros!


Back in January, I was in Cloppenburg visiting family and managed a stop at one of my favorite stores there....Depot The Outlet Store.. OMG....I could go crazy there everytime! My Spring sign as well as the little bird and table runner come from Depot.




Another one of my favorite stores is ACTION...a dutch based company. Until recently I could only enjoy this store when I was in Cloppenburg, but now Berlin has  one too! That is where I purchased the candlestick holder that you see in the picture above...(i regret not buying two!)




My yellow charger plates are from Ikea!


THe napkin rings are from my sister Heidi


THe wine glasses were a gift from a my friends Irene and Chris


I always try to have some edible decorations on the table..... Found these cute chocolates at TJ Maxx

 

Happy Spring Everyone!

Sharing this post also with Tablescape Thursday and Rustic Refined

22 comments:

  1. What a wonderful price on your tulips! Your Happy Spring sign and sweet bird make such a fun centerpiece for your table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yellow tulips and cute and happy spring letters. I think you did a great job bringing spring inside. Your table is cheerful and happy.Love the daffodils too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the SPRING sign! and daffodils, nothing shouts spring better than daffodils! Your napkin rings are beautiful, and I love your wall of books, how fabulous! Lovely hopping with you this week, good luck with your new blog name, I love Supertabletalk!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicki, I love your spring display on the table. Wow, great price for the flower bunches (tulips and daffs = spring!). Great finds from your Depot, and those chargers from Ikea are the perfect color yellow. I have a set from Fiesta that I find very versatile in tablescaping. I gotta tell you though....it's those napkin rings that are making my collecting heart go pitter patter - they're terrific!
    It's so nice to make your acquaintance on this blog hop. Happy Spring!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! You are so lucky to be able to have fresh flowers so inexpensively and readily available! The little chocolates are a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely Spring Tablescape! The flowers are beautiful & I love the chargers from IKEA! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great price on tulips and they are beautiful...you have brought the hope of spring onto your table and it is lovely. I have enjoyed blog hopping with you this week and Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok you had me at yellow! I love yellow tulips and daffodils so much because they remind me of my mom. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty table for Spring! I love your SPRING word! How fun that is! How fortunate it is that you can pick up fresh flowers for a good price! I didn't see a lot of fresh flowers when I visited my daughter in Germany. Setting a table with treasured items from friends is so nice, isn't it? Thank you so much for being a part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful spring table setting. The yellow is so cheerful. Tulips are delightful and say spring. Loving your spring sign as well. A pleasure to meet you and share in this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and cheerful Spring table! I love all of the pretty yellow color and your tulips are gorgeous! It has been so much fun blog hopping with you! Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yellow is the first colour of spring because its brightness help bees and butterflies to wake up! It's a perfect choise for a spring tablescape 🐥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty and a beautiful ode to spring. I like many others wish tulips were as inexpensive here as they are in Germany. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty setting and just love the flowers!!! How lucky you are to get them so easily!! Thanks for sharing your Spring table!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your SPRING sign makes the perfect centerpiece with the cute birdie and pretty flowers on the lovely table runner. The edible decorations always make guests happy :) Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Library...a perfect place to entertain and wonderful accents! "Spring" on the table, those gorgeous tulips, crystal...it's beautiful. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those yellow tulips and daffodils are stunning. I wish we could get them at such a great price. What a cute "spring" sign. Adds a great focal point to your pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! Nice and simple too :) Looks like a lovely evening could happen at that table. Nice to meet you blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The pops of yellow are perfect for a spring table!! I really love the wall of books. I've always wanted a library/dining room! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a lover of yellow so this is very pretty to me. Your table is just so pretty...and what a pretty view you have. Sheila

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...