Friday, October 22, 2010

The Main Course!

Rib Eye Steaks

Creamy Green Bean Bake

Mushrooms and Onions

Last week, my foodie friday entry was about desert, this week I would like to share with all of you the main course. Not only was this event my first catering gig, but also one of the few times that I have been responsible for the grill! OH OH!! So, since everything turned out well, I would like to share with you the recipes!

I must admit though I did have a little help: youtube and ehow showed me how to handle those rib eyes! What would we ever do without the Internet?

Creamy Green Bean Bake

french-style green beans
semicondensed cream of mushroom soup
sour cream
french-fried onions

Drain green beans. In a casserole combine soup and sour cream. Stir in beans. Bake in a 350° F oven 20 to 25 minutes or till bubbly. Sprinkle with onions. Bake 5 minutes more.

Mushrooms and Onions

fresh mushrooms
onions

Slice mushrooms and onions and saute´ in butter and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper

Rib Eye Steak

steaks should be at room temperature-best to take them 2 hours before grilling out of the fridge. Season with sea salt and pepper. The grill should be at app. 500°. Brush the grill with some olive oil and place the steaks on the grid. Cover. After app. 5 minutes flip the steaks for 4-5 minutes more. The grilling time will vary, depending on the thickness of the steaks. When the steaks are done, remove from the grill, cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.

ENJOY!



I am getting hungry just typing this!!!


Be sure to stop by Designs by Gollum-perhaps you will find the perfect desert to go along with a Rib Eye Steak! http://www.designsbygollum.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...