Sunday, January 22, 2012

Biscotti di Prato

Wow, is it that time again, already? Yep sure is--it is Sunday- aka New Recipe Sunday? What have you all been cooking up this past week. On Thursday we hosted a dinner for my husbands department.Thankfully all turned out and everyone went home happy! It is after parties like this that I wish I had a housekeeper like Audrey Hepburn had in Guess who´s coming to Dinner, but no such luck!!! So, on Friday when my husband came home from work, he worked the first shift and I took over the second shift after my "day job"!!!!

The recipe I would like to share with you today is one of the deserts I made for this event.  I found this recipe in one of my many cookbooks!!!

 Biscotti di Prato

Ingredients:

200 grams almond slivers
zest from one lemon
3 eggs
250 grams sugar
3 Tablespoons vanilla sugar
app. 400 grams flour
1/2 pkg baking powder(about 3tsp)
1 Tablespoon butter
pinch of salt


Directions

1. Roast the almonds slivers and let cool
2. Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease the cooking sheet
In a large bowl, mix the 3 egg yolks with 250 grams sugar and 3 Tablespoons vanilla sugar. Beat 3 egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
3. Add the lemon zest and the roasted almond slivers to the the batter and mix. Mix 400 grams flour with the baking powder and sift. Add to the batter and mix well. You might have to add some flour.
4. Form the dough into 2 cm think Rolls and place on the greased baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes, till the biscotti is light brown.  Immediately after taking out of the oven, slice the biscotti into 1 cm thick pieces. Let cool and then place in an airtight container.




This was the Desert Display! Cake Pops on top with strawberries and grapes and Biscotti di Prato on the bottom!!!


Have a wonderful Sunday and please come join us here for New Recipe Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...