Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tomato Soup

For Mary´s going away dinner this past Thursday, I wanted to have a starter that my guests could enjoy in the kitchen....something small that would fit in an espresso cup. So, I found myself a recipe for Tomato Soup, that I would like to share with you today.

Tomato Soup


Ingredients:

1.3 kilos tomatoes, chopped
2 onions chopped
3 garlic cloves peeled
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 litre stock
10 grams butter
3 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper

How to:

Melt butter in olive oil and add the onions and garlic till tender. Then add the tomato paste and the  chopped tomatoes. Mix well.

Pour in the stock, either veggie or chicken. In my case I used turkey stock that I had in the freezer from the last turkey! Stir well and bring to a boil.

Cover and reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes

Remove from heat and blend with a hand blender.

Season with swalt and pepper

Pour through an sieve and serve with a spoonful of sour cream and some crusty bread!


ENJOY!

Sorry that I do not have some pictures, the soup was gone so quickly, that I did not have a chance--hope to next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...