Sunday, July 15, 2012

Man´s Best Friend

Welcome Back to New Recipe Sunday! 

This week I would like to share with you a new treat for your favorite canine pet, that I just tried out this morning! You see I dog sat last night and woke up at 6 am this morning and since it is Sunday and not much else to do so early in the morning, I started baking doggie treats (that had actually been my plan for the night before, but the bottle of red and some good movies canceled that plan!!!).





Spot´s Golden Cheese Dreams  found in the MacPhersons´s K-9 Cookbook
 (Shout Out to Marcy who let me borrow the book and the cookie cutters)


Ingredients:

1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded cheese
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsps garlic powder
3 cups whole wheat flour

Directions:

Mix, the flour and garlic powder in a large bowl. Make a well and add the veggie oil, cheese, beaten egg, and milk until well blended. Knead the dough on a floured surface and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with small dog bone shaped biscuit cutter and place a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 20 minutes at 400° F and cool on rack to room temperature.



STELLA

my taste tester! It was awfully hard to get her to pose for me, so not the best picture! Will try again later today when I go back to check on her!

Hope everyone can have a wonderful Sunday






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...