Saturday, February 22, 2014


Girls A Cookin......Take 1 


For the longest time now, I have wanted to start a different type of book club.....I thought the idea of a "cookbook" book club, one where we pick a cookbook try a recipe or two and instead of just talking about the book, we would actually cook together. Well, last night it finally happened and I must say it happened by accident. Orginally I was planning on going over to my friend Angela´s to see her new house and have a glass of vino, but when she mentioned  that Sante Fe Soup was the perfect starter for mexican nite, I thought to myself, well find the recipe, make the soup and take it over as a house warming gift. And then it came to me.....how about we all cook together? Angela jumped on board, invites were sent and voila, Girls a Cookin was born!


 
 The Main Event: Sante Fe Soup


Jill and Angela


Angela our hostess for the first Girls a Cookin Nite


Soups´On



Missy patiently waits for her own treats....homemade doggie biscuits.




Specially made recipe cards....one for each guest...









Many thanks to all the guests for a great evening.....we had such a good time, that I forgot to get a group picture....promise to do that next time.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...