Sunday, February 9, 2014

TABLESCAPE Cabinet......now perfect

This old hutch/cabinet has been a part of our family now for over 20 Years. NOw it is not antique-we just bought it at a garden center in Holland, but we still love it. Over the years it has had many uses, a few times I was even ready to kick it to the curb; BUT here we are 20 years later and the cabinet is still with us and is  now finally perfect.

The cabinet was bought with the intention of being our coat closet. Then it became a storage unit for all sorts of stuff. After that, well then it was filled with office supplies/stuff. For a years it was home to board games and dvds, till I finally figured out that this cabinet would be perfect for all  my tablescape stuff! I went to IKEA, bougt a bunch of matching boxes and started to organize everything. Well, as much as I love IKEA, the boxes are not the best and it did not take long for the boxes to break and the shelves to cave under all the weight. I had my husband make some new shelves, and made my way to IKEA again, this time to buy the plastic containers.

I can not tell you how long it took me to go through everything, sorting and folding and and and.....but the work that both my husband and I put into this project paid off. Sometimes I just open the doors to peek inside and see how pretty it is.



Tablerunners


Handmade Tabelrunners from Mom, Mother-in law, Omas and Aunts 
and my best kitchen towels from friends.


2 containers of linen napkins(the solid colors)


one small container for matches and tea lights.
one container of linen napkins(the patterns)


one box for various place card holders and misc. deco STUFF!


one big box for all my napkin rings


believe it or not, this is the one pile I have dedicated to all the holidays


Now to the first shelf of tableclothes....Far left ----- Middle are all the patterned tableclothes. Far right: misc. pieces of cloth


Next shelf: Material in all colors and white tablecloths. I have switched from buying tablecloths to just buying material...cheaper
Shelf Number 3: all the "RIBBED" placemats and runners and of course some misc. material scraps


Tablecloths for our outdoor table.




Aren´t they pretty?


the patterned ones

 

more solids......



THe ENd

Posting to the Tablescaper

2 comments:

  1. Super idea! Love this organization and the way it's all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing everyone's stash!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...