Wednesday, December 8, 2010

an 80th Birthday Celebration

On December 4th, 2010 we celebrated my mom´s 80th Birthday! She is one good looking mom, grandmother and great-grandmother!!!

To honor this occasion we invited mom´s friends and family and served up a Thanksgiving Feast----for 25 people!!! Holy Cow--what an experience!!! But with help from everyone we pulled off a magnificent feast.

I got the idea for the table decoration from a Rachel Ray Magazine. Not to pat myself on the back, but the table looked wonderful.

Please forgive the 2 sideway pictures---the computer just would not do what I wanted it to do! Hoping to get it corrected during the day!
























The charger plates and white plates were on loan from a Christiana, a friend of my sisters.
The silverware belongs to my sister.
The wine glasses were on loan from a drink/party supply store
The napkins were bought at IHR Napkin Store in Cloppenburg.
The martini glasses were bought at IKEA and Alberding-Cloppenburg
The silver candles were bought at Toom Home Improvement Store
The Hersheys Kisses were a gift from my girlfriend Kim


Thanks goes out to my sisters, nieces and nephews for helping set the table so that I could continue cooking in the kitchen!

If you would like to see more beautiful tables please stop by Between Naps on the Porch!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely table and fitting celebration for your mother's birthday! I am sure she felt very special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mother must have felt so incredibly special!!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is blessed to have a daughter who honors her in such a special way. Your tablescape is sophisticated and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your charming design...you did Rachel Ray proud! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...