Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Good Food, great friends....

Today I would like to share with you a tablescape that I put together for a dinner party with dear friends.

Our two families have known each other now for almost 22 years. We met back when we lived in Cloppenburg Germany-parted ways for a few years and reconnected when both families moved to the Berlin area.

This past Saturday we invited the family over for a bbq, yes I set the table inside---once again it was raining and cold and enjoying the outdoors was not possible. But we did not let the bad weather damper our spirits--I am sure the neighbors heard us laughing. This dinner was unique in that the families were complete---all 3 boys were at the table with us. Dennis the oldest of the 3 was joined by his girlfriend, a very nice young lady. I wonder what she thought of this crazy bunch?  

Well, back to the tablescape....

The tablecloth comes from a store call Strauss Innovation
The dishes are Rosenthal(and took a hit that night as I broke one and chipped 3 in the process.
The red stemware also was bought at Strauss Innovation
The flowers were a last minute idea--found them at the grocery store when I went to get some last minute items
The cutlery comes from Crate and Barrel
The pitcher is polish pottery













Our Friends, Peter and Sabine...... Thanks for a wonderful evening--so looking forward to the next one












WED. NIGHT'S LET'S DISH!
Join me each Sunday for my weekly party

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely tablescape. I love the flowers down the center and the red glasses are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely and FUN. I love that tablecloth. Stripes happen to be a personal pattern of mine, and that one is so versatile you can use it a lot of different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun table! Love the striped cloth and that pitcher is wonderful!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares if the weather was cold outside with such a beautiful warm and welcoming table inside? Thanks for letting us have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is very inspiring and I can't get over on this tablescape you made here. I love its simplicity and still, I can sense the love and passion you put in here. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Polyester Tablecloths

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry that the weather was too wet and cold to eat outside, but your table looks lovely and it appears that you all had a great time! I am your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tablescape. All the red white and blue -- perfect for the coming holiday. Fun with friends makes it a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...