Saturday, September 22, 2012

Herbs-I love you, let me count the ways

This morning I did as other bloggers have told me, and I harvested the herbs in my garden. They say you should harvest in the early hours of the day, so there I was in my pj´s harvesting Tarragon, Oregano, Lemon Balm, and Thyme! I am sure the neighbors got a kick of me, running around the yard in my pj´s!

I decided to dry the Lemon Balm and the Thyme, the Tarragon is going to be frozen. Now, to the Oregano, I have an abundance in Oregano this year so I am drying a large bunch and with the rest I made oregano salt! Once again I my kitchen smells so wonderful. I look forward to trying out all my new salts in my recipes.



Freshly harvested herbs out of my very own garden.


Herbs in brown bags, hanging to dry


Oregano! Ready for the Thermomix!



 Oregano, next I added the sea salt and after just a few short seconds, the thermomix made Oregano Salt!



The salt needs to dry, so I put in the oven at 140° for about 20-30 minutes.


The next step is to package the oregano salt.....pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...