Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Silver to start the new year

Happy New Year! And welcome to my first tablescape of 2011! As with most of my tablescapes, this one comes with a story! Awhile back, a friend of mine gave me a huge bag full of blue christmas bulbs! So, when it came to designing a tablescape for New Years Eve, I let myself be inspired by these bulbs.



The stemware is from Rosenthal


The silver candlesticks are from my mom. She and my dad received them as a silver wedding anniversary gift. I am so happy that I got to have them. The crystal/star shaped candlestick was a gift from my sister.






Remember the gold boxes from my "gold table"? Well, of course I have them in silver too!!! Thanks IKEA

The place card holders are from Tchibo.
The cloth napkins are from my mom
The napkin rings are from my sister


Wishing you all happy days.


I hope you all get a chance to stop by between naps on the porch for more wonderful tablescapes!

6 comments:

  1. When I first started reading and you said a friend had given you blue bulbs, I first thought light bulbs! I see now how these lovely blue ornaments/bulbs have inspired you to create a gorgeous table. The color is just perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful table! The blue ball ornaments give it just the right amoumt of color. Very elegant and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty table! I just love how the blue gives just a quiet, subtle pop of color. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thia is so frosty and sparkly! The blue bulbs are so pretty and I love your cut crystal stemware!! Hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pale blue bulbs. they look lovely on the table and your Rosenthal is very beautiful.. Lovely table. it looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Oh how I love the sparkle you achieved. Very nice. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...