Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Almost as good as Mrs. Butterworths!



Recently, I  ran out of Mrs. Butterworths Maple Syrup----oh oh. Here in Germany Maple Syrup is very pricey--so I got on the Internet, did some research and tried out the following recipe! WOW, it is so good- I just had to share it with all of you.

                  Maple Syrup

      found at www.bigoven.com

Ingredients                                     Preparation

                                                          add water and sugars to a pot and bring to a boil. Add extract and boil for 3 minutes.   

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 cups water

1 tsp maple extract

4 comments:

  1. When I was a little girl I would spend the night at my aunts house and she would make her own syrup. I wonder if this is the same recipe.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The syrup looks yummy. But I love your flatware. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. A lot cheaper than real maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea, love the cat pictures reminds me of my sweet cat Mattie that is gone now, she looked just like your tabby.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...