Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Märkisches Viertel-Berlin

This past Sunday marked the beginning of Baseball Season for my son´s team the TUSLI WIZARDS. The first game was against the Flamingos! Happily for us they one their game 13-10. Let me tell you my heart was beating in triple time!

Anyhow-while the teams were warming up and getting ready for the game-my husband and I checked out the neighborhood. We enjoyed a cup of coffee in the Märkische Viertel. A little village of sorts--lots of stores, cafe´s and apt. buildings. The Märkische Viertel is a part of the Reinickendorf County in the suburb of Wittenau. This "village" was create and built from 1963 to 1974.


An American Western Saloon in Germany?!!!! Unfortunately the Saloon was not open when we there-perhaps we will make it back there one day. From what we have read about this Saloon, it is a very popular place.








No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...